Best places for Men's Mesh Shapes and Skins

Mitchell Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone:

After many years, it's time to update my avatar with a new look.  However, in some of the research I've done, finding male shapes and skins in mesh has been extremely difficult.  I want to be sure that what I'm getting is going to be good and not something that I would waste money on only to find out it has problems or I don't like how it is.  If anyone knows of any good stores out there, let me know.

One thing that is important, if you want to change skins, Omega compatibility is a must unless you don't mind being limited. Demo, demo, demo. Be sure that the clothes you want to wear will fit the mesh body. You can purchase a shape (I have a shop where I sell shapes, for instance) or make one yourself. Most of the male bodies I've seen include a shape. 

My husband in SL, just went through that whole process, it took him a long time to find skin, shape, and mesh body and head that were all compatable, and would allow him to wear at least some of his previously purchased mesh clothing. 

he went through MP looking for first skins that had appliers for mesh bodies, and heads.  From there he determined which mesh bodies would be good candidates.  He ended up with demo after demo untill he found the combination that worked for him.  Any place that did not supply a demo was simply eliminated right off.  His choices were pretty much narrowed down to Slink Male Body and Aesthetic.  As he did not want to look like an ughly hulk so he opted for the Slink body and Labyrinth head/skin combo. As for shape, the skin/head combo from Labyrinth had shapes to go with the skins and he used one of those, altering it slightly to suit him, ie make it a bit taller, a bit more muscle etc. 

He ended up with a slink male mesh body, the Omega System kit - slink, Slink mesh feet and hands, Labyrinth mesh head and skin appliers for the skin that matches the head and body.    This whole combination cost him somwhere between 3000 and 4000 by the time he was all finished.  THE MAIN THING IS to get demos!!  and check to see how much male clothing is out there for the body you pick..  first..  as my hubby found,  only slink and aesthetic seem to have clothing made to suit the respective body. 

There is a lot to consider here, so take your time and check out demos (I cannot stress that enough).  And good luck.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

have a look here,

if you go only look at MP you will miss a few very interesting other choices than a neanderthaler and just one other athletic body

for example Adam

and Signature

I said my hubby started by looking on MP..  that was not all he did!  He visited in person, multiple places that professed to sell male mesh bodies, skins with appliers, heads etc.  He explored every avenue he could find to get demos etc.  I did NOT say MP was the only thing he considered!  

He did one heck of a lot of leg work and investigation to find something that worked..  my intent was NOT to suggest MP only.  The intent was to suggest a lot of demo trying where ever they are found..  and I posted the result of his efforts and where he found them..  That is what I did.

• Like 1

Aesthetic is mesh body that a lot of people like but a lot of people give it a bad rap because it is a muscle bound body.  However it does respond to sliders and you can slim it down considerably for a buff but slim shape like a swimmer would have. My partner has this body and with the mod's he's done to the shape, I like it very much.

I'm not plugging this body as it isn't everyone's style, but just wanted to correct a misconsception a lot of people have of it. 

DEMO everything and check the availability of skins and clothing for the one you like before you buy it.  I suggest you DON'T use the shape that comes with any body, to give yourself a more unique look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.