Appliers

JustaTest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An applier is an object that "sends" a skin or clothing texture to a mesh body part, either to the part itself or one of a series of "layers" floating just above that body part. This allows person A to apply a texture made by person B to a mesh made by person C without any of the parties having full permissions over the other people's work.

• Like 1

Oh interesting! How does that work though without needing to change permissions for the texture? Does it have to be at the very least no copy/no mod/ transfer? Ty for explaining by the way, I know I'm so far behind. LoL :catvery-happy:

JustaTest wrote:

Oh interesting! How does that work though without needing to change permissions for the texture? Does it have to be at the very least no copy/no mod/ transfer? Ty for explaining by the way, I know I'm so far behind. LoL :catvery-happy:

1) Person C creates a mesh body part and issues a kit to allow third parties to make appliers for it. The appliers have a script that will "talk" to the body part.

2) Person B gets the applier kit and references one of their textures in an applier. I think they use the texture's UUID rather then having the actual texture in the item. The script in the applier will then apply this texture to Person C's mesh - person B doesn't need to see the script details, and person C doesn't need to see the texture information.

3) Person A buys the mesh body part from Person C and then gets an applier from Person B to add clothing, a tattoo, etc. Person A will then click on the applier which will send the referenced texture to the body part without Person A knowing any of the details of how the process works.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.