Appliers Question...

Ayva Meili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I finally gave in and started making appliers for some of my non mesh styles or mixed styles which have a non mesh top etc.   The designers who make the mesh bodies will supply you free of charge a kit to make appliers for their bodies,  if you visit their store you will find either the kit right there as you can for Maitreya, or a link to click which will take you to a web page where you can apply for the kit as in slink.  Each body maker does things a bit differently  you just have to poke around till you find the info on how to get the kits. Once you get a kit,  there are instructions included,  just follow those.  I Started with Slink,  and Maitreya so far and will likely pick up the rest soon.  

Thank you Tazzie! I have the slink kit and have just made the shoes but never the clothing ones. I will look more into it and see what I can find and understand. Hopefully it won't be as hard as it looks. Thank you again :)

Slink and Omega appliers are the most popular and will bring you the widest audience. Most mesh in SL, with the exception of Slink and TMP, are Omega compatible so one hud and you're done. Omega also just added a materials hud and many of the higher end mesh bodies like Belleza and Maireya are materials ready.

The other body is the TMP. I try not to discourage anyone however TMP has some issues that I just can't ignore. First, the textures are loaded into an off world database. So, if that server goes down, the customer can't change anything on their body, which also means if TMP decides to leave SL, the owners are SOL. Also, if you do decide to do TMP appliers, check the TOS/EULA for your textures and templates if you don't make your own. Some of the won't let you use their textures on a server outside of SL, which TMP is. 

Slink body/feet/hands - Slink appliers

Belleza body - Omega system

Maitreya body - Omega system

TMP - TMP appliers

It's always annoying when creators only provide appliers for 1-2 of the bodies but not all of them. Seriously it's frickin' copy/pasting the UUID into a config notecard, which takes no more than 10 seconds. I guess it's their way of "boycotting" certain mesh bodies, lol. DIY applier tip: if you ever need an applier for X body and the creator only supplied one for Y, just open the config notecard inside the applier (unless it's a Slink one cause those ones have hidden config files), copy/paste the UUID, then paste it into an Omega applier.

Anyways Omega system is like one of the best things to happen to SL, pretty much made Maitreya/Belleza the most popular bodies since they get way more applier support than Slink/TMP, especially TMP (I don't remember when was the last time I saw an applier for TMP, other than in the exclusive TMP shop).

Suki Hirano wrote:

Slink body/feet/hands - Slink appliers

Belleza body - Omega system

Maitreya body - Omega system

TMP - TMP appliers

It's always annoying when creators only provide appliers for 1-2 of the bodies but not all of them. Seriously it's frickin' copy/pasting the UUID into a config notecard, which takes no more than 10 seconds. I guess it's their way of "boycotting" certain mesh bodies, lol.
DIY applier tip: if you ever need an applier for X body and the creator only supplied one for Y, just open the config notecard inside the applier (unless it's a Slink one cause those ones have hidden config files), copy/paste the UUID, then paste it into an Omega applier.

Anyways Omega system is like one of the best things to happen to SL, pretty much made Maitreya/Belleza the most popular bodies since they get way more applier support than Slink/TMP, especially TMP (I don't remember when was the last time I saw an applier for TMP, other than in the exclusive TMP shop).

10 seconds ? when you must do several layers and several appliers system, create the hud layout, assembly the hud together etc .... ? you must give me your secret !

it's far from taking only 10 seconds. 

And for your information : appliers scripts delete the notecard in order to prevent what you say, which i call simply a thief ! The UUID is the data for the texture and that one is work from its creator. So the UUID remain the creator's property. 

Keep for yourself such advices, this is just incitation to copyboting. Just like meshes, textures are also work, creations and efforts from their creator. You maybe dont know how to make textures but its not a reason to lead ppl to steal them.

i do appliers for Maitreya, Belleza, Slink, Omega and TMP

i got kits inworld for Maitreya and Belleza. Both support materials now. and works pretty the same way.

For Omega i got my kit from their store or their MP (i dont rem). New version support materials BUT you cant assembly buttons together in order to create a HUD (unless they changed recently, i must check) AND for the bodies working with OMEGA relay, the relays are not materials ready. Thus if i do Omega with materials i cant see them on my maitreya body, so i cant test them, This is why i chose to keep with Omega without materials for now. 

I did applied for Slink kit on their web. They say we must wait 15 days at least before we recieve the kit. I must say this been faster. I got a visit from them in my store just somedays after i ve applied and i got the kit right after.

Slink kit has been a bit tricky to start with, as we must use the body targets etc but after a first time, it goes faster now.

For TMP, i did applied on their web site too.

I had to wait for about 2 monthes before having, first an invitation to their group and then 2 notecards with instructions about how to get the kit from their website.

As Bobbie said it works from an external database and there are some intellectual properties issue with that too. But well, i decided to go anyway.

Once you get used to their system, appliers are not that hard to create. 

BUT i had to buy a starter TMP mesh body for 1k (if i rem well) in order to be able to check if my appliers are working well, bec the free version of their body has not appliers option. I dont find this super fair to ask creators to pay in order to create items that will work with their mesh body.

They dont provide any other way to check. (and still i cant test before create the applier, because otherwise i must buy the DELUXE edition which is way more expensive than the starter mesh body)

Also TMP doesnt support materials (and for a materials fan like me, this is a shame). 

And if you want to test your appliers once they are done you MUST NOT forget to make a bake up copy before, bec once they are sent to your TMP hud, they are no longer usable.

In conclusion, dont expect doing appliers will take you only 10 seconds, bec this is simply not true , above all at the beguining (once you get used it get faster, but the first ones i made took me days). You must fig out how to create huds with several buttons, how each system notecard works and test each appliers one after one on all the mesh bodies system (you can use Slink meshbody demo for test, Belleza provides you one u can rezz, idk for maitreya as i have the body yet, for Omega, you can try on Belleza tester, it should work, and well for TMP you must buy at least their starter mesh body). You must also create the huds and buttons layouts (knowing that for TMP you need special ones that will be 128 X 128 pixels only, that you ll have to send to their website from inworld with the UUID, so you will have to upload them anyway.)

Then on top of the textures of the appliers themselves, you will need to upload several other textures for your huds, buttons and TMP, which in the end makes a good amount of uploading fees to pay. 

But well, appliers are the new crazyness of the moment, so it probably worth the effort.

If you need help, you still can IM inworld, if i have the answer to your questions, ill be delighted to give them :)

Good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.