Any tips on getting rid of Invisiprims?

Libera Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just went through about 200 pairs of shoes & boots and got rid of the Invisiprims on those that are modifiable. Is there a way to get rid of Invisiprims in no modify shoes? A script? something? I know some designers have offered updates, but before I search high and low for these updates I wanted to see if there was an easier route.

Thanks

I'd love to see a list of those who are updating their old shoes.....

Like you, I've either shrunk-and-buried or deleted invisiprims from everything I can. The best bit was removing them from a pair of much-loved faun legs, which had them from the knees down, and making alphas to match. The improvement was incredible (Isn't photoshopping out invisiprim scars a really annoying thing!)

It's so frustrating that some of my favourite shoes cannot be updated simply. Perhaps I should stop grumping and write some nice notes to my favourite shoe-makers offering polite suggestions.

A side comment- How come so few good shoes are mod? What's up with that?

I have read various reasons for the no mod reason.

Some is that modify shoes can be screwed up. Many merchants got tired of having to send out new pairs to customers who started editing them and forgot to make a copy first. This is a rather silly reason. I assume some of it is that they don't have old cusomer lists, and was afraid they were tricked to send out stuff to people who had not bought anything...

Most businesses in SL is amateurs working alone. They don't think of copying sales lists, and I think LL only provides 3 months back. This can also make them hesitate to send out updated shoes. Some merchants have an update terminal in their shop, but this is just a few. You only learn from your mistakes in SL, it is no "business school".

It is a common mistake that no modify "protects" you from thiefs. This is bull**bleep**. Copybot viewers copy all, no matter what permissions there is. But if people believe it, they will think all who ask for modify items are thiefs and griefers. 

Then some creators are control freaks. They don't want you to be able to change their precious design. These creators are usually full of s*** and have mediocre design. I avoid these as the plague.  

Should merchants send out free updates when LL change something (like starting with alpha layers)? I really don't think you can claim that. If your shoes/boots is bought since alpha layers came, I think you can ask for it. But older shoes, I would say just trash'em.  

I would love to see a list of shoemakers that have update terminals! The main shoemakers that I can't modify are:

Stiletto Moody (You'd think that as expensive as the shoes are they could be updated!)

Gizza

Maitreya

These are the only update terminals I know of:

Bax

G Field

Thanks for all the responses...this is really bugging me to throw shoes away. : (  

Lib

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.