Alpha HUDS for Mesh Bodies

Kylie Sabra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible to use a HUD (Omega for example) to create an alpha mask for mesh clothing. The built-in mesh alphas that come with the bodies are often not sufficient for the job? I have at least 60+ full-perm meshes I can't use with my own mesh body.  I'd love to be able to make ANY outfit work with any mesh body by creating a custom alpha for each item of clothing. 

You can sort of do this, but you will need the skin textures to pull it off. If you cut transparent holes in the skin to match what the alpha wearables would use, then upload the merged results, you can wear those custom skins to fit outfits better.

If you are dealing with a no-mod body, you will need to make sure that the skin layer can have its alpha mode switched to masking (or is already set that way), to avoid alpha glitch problems.

• Like 1

Very few if any skins are mod and not everyone has a program like photoshop to create or merge layers.  In and ideal SL..  the mesh body makers, would be able to figure out how to create at least an alpha section option that is more flexible then the ones available now.  Sections are either too small or way too big, and if you enjoy wearing mesh clothing that is a little different, i.e. odd hemlines, interesting top shapes etc.  it is impossible to create an alpha that works given the alpha section choices in all mesh body huds.  

I would love to be able to take a texture (or even the outline of a texture) and make an alpha to match exactly with the mesh clothing part.. but alas that doesn't work I have tried:(   so until some brilliant mesh maker comes up with something.. I think the issue is mute.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.