Still confused about Experiences Profiles and acquiring of XPkeys

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the impending release i still have one question about the structure of the presenting XP Keys and experiences.

I've got an Experience KEY, with which i can create an experience associated with that key.

For the users that Experience shows up in the experiences browser window of the viewer which people can read about, join, or leave. Its a great way to find new experiences and manage.

But what if like me a creator makes one experience, say 'Treasure hunt' then later does another experience, say 'Space Pirate battles'. This is where i get confused, because do i request another experience Key so that i can have the Space Pirates listed in the experiences browser as different to the Treasure hunt experience? or is there a way to create multiple experiences in the experiences list using the same XPkey? 

Currently im using the ONE XPkey given to me as part of the beta. With that Key i've already got three experiences running off it, but they all get listed and presented as first experience. I'm tempted to rebrand the Experience as my name rather than the experience. 

So will we be able to make multiple experiences profiles by aquiring more keys,  or is there a way to create multiple experiences  for the experiences list, or has this not really been thought through yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lindens

HI Loki.

For phase 1, we're trying to gauge the popularity of this feature. I'd suggest you, and others, create a  feature request in JIRA so we can add to our backlog.

I think there has been more than a few requests for more keys and we're considering it. But, like all things, it requires proper vetting and evaluation before we can commit to it.

In the meantime, you are able create more than one experience under one key (as you mentioned). Rebranding your experience to something more universal to you is a good way to go for the time being.

As always, thanks for your input!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.