Experence HUD was a problem

Pat Willowind

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was "given" a experence hud at ons - one river!, Glint (213, 19, 21).  I said ok not thinking it had something to do with the SIM.

I am not a premimum account and I was using Singulairy viewer.  I could not get rid of it (there is no Me in my menu) and where ever I went it filled the screen with error message "you cannot move away from the hud and keep the camera close"  or words to that effect.

I had to log off to get it to stop.

Not sure what the point is with this but it seems back to the drawing board!

It sounds like they had it automatically attach as a temp attachment, since it was gone after you logged out.  Do you remember if you had to wear it from inventory?  I've made a temp avatar attachment but haven't tried it with a HUD.  The temp avatar attachment detaches when someone moves to a parcel without the experience.  So it would be a bug if a HUD doesn't get detached in the same way.  I'll test it and see what happens.

Edit:  I tested HUD attachments with my land key, and it detached correctly.  Then I visited Glint, and it said that the experience there was "Grid-Scope".  So it's most likely a problem with the creator of the HUD not taking into account what happens when someone leaves their area.  It seems like a case where it would be better to use a land scope key instead of a grid scope key, and not a bug with experience permissions but a bug with their HUD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.