would 20 zooby babies lag the simm?

luna Datura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok my neighbor has 20 zooby babies on our simm but insists they dont cause lag cause there in there beds. She also has 6 zooby dogs and a hamster. and amaretto(movment off) horses and tons of other stuff on her 1/2 simm. She wont listen

the zooby baies alond are over 10K in script memoryeach!  the dogs about 5k 

I guess im asking am i right?

i dont see a reply button; the sim dilation rate is 0.9999 i dont know where to find the  resorses a sim uses.  to see if she still in the 50% range. i own an 1/4 and a 1/16 one for home one for business.

we were fine intill she moved the babies in and got new neighbores and they hae very little in objects and scrips in use

2 answers to this question

assuming you own the other half it would be a simple calculation.... each own half the prims/landimpact, and half the script time. You can see the free script time at the statistic bar, if it's less than half the total he/she uses more than normally should be her part.

If you have estate manager rights you could also see the used script time in the region tools.

If there's enough script time free there's no reason why the sim would lag. Could be client side than.(as mostly is the case)

performance tools : ctr+shift+1 brings up the statistic bar,there you can read almost all to see about the sim performance.

If you have one or two parcels for business or home doesn't matter, fair use is using only the amount of resources that are in rate with your landowning. So the other renter has the right to use nearly double of the sim resources than you.

You're partly right, but for the wrong reason.  Scripts won't lag the region. They will lag each other, but everything else in a region gets priority over scripts for sever resources and time. Physical objects, however, will create some lag. It takes a fair amount of server time to manage the movement of physical objects, so some animated pets can create measurable load. The way to tell if that's really an issue is to look at your Statistics Bar (CTRL +SHIFT + 1) to see whether the region is actually experiencing time dilation significantly lower than 1.0 and whether physical objects are using more than about a third of the server time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.