teleport failed no valid parcel could be found

Cloey Bechir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I own a sim where I have parceled off one corner for a friend to use as his home base.  900m above my sim is a platform I rezzed with a club that is open to everyone.  The problem is my friend cannot TP from his corner of my sim to my club.  When he tries he gets the message "no valid parcel could be found".  I have the landing point at the club set in land with the "teleport" option chosen.  I changed that to "anywhere" and it still didn't work.  If he tries to TP to my club from anywhere else inworld he can do it, just not from his house.  What could be the problem?

2 answers to this question

That's very odd.  I can't think of a good reason for it.  I assume that you have restarted the sim, on the theory that it's a server glitch of some kind.  If not, I'd at least try that.

Fortunately, of course, you don't need to rely on true teleports since he's moving within the same sim.  All you need to do is let him use a sit TP system.  If you don't have one handy, there are quite a few in the Marketplace.  We can't recommend specific merchants or creators here, but just try searching with specific terms like "teleport point-to-point" or "teleport in-sim".

I had this issue today, but I was finally able to work it out with the help of a friend. The message was completely wrong - the issue was actually due to access restrictions on the parcel. I needed to be a member of the land-owner's group to get in because the parcel settings were set up as such. I imagine you could also get the same error if you were banned from a parcel. I hope that helps someone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.