i can't reply anymore to my own questions

Alexios Donardson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Yeah - its a bit confusing. You can add 'comments' to your own questions (and other responses). I've just added a test comment to your OP - click on where it says 'Comments(1)' to see it.

Unfortunately these comments are not show by default. I've been in two minds about this. I think the theory is to keep Answers to just that - questions and answers that don't go too far off topic. I can understand the logic in this as it makes it easier for peole to find the answer (which is the important thing) but by the same token, sometimes the right answer results from the flow of discussion and other comments.

EDIT TO ADD: In theory, other people will still give answers until you mark an answer as correct. You shouldn't have to edit every time to say "this answer didn't work" etc, although I do appreciate what you are saying. It does sometimes work better in a more linear flow like that and people may not continue to offer answers if they have seen someone else answer (even if that answer is incorrect or doesn't work). Best bet is to just wait for more answers, but if none are forthcoming to perhaps edit the OP to say "this has not yet been successfully answered with a solution that woks" or soemthing.

I can see some uses for it, but its also quite annoying to have half the details hidden when someone is asking about something and adding more info later and we have to keep clicking hidden info to get the whole picture.

If it was someone experiencing login problems and several people are answering and asking for computer specs etc it was far easier to see all the relevant info displayed on the thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.