how do I switch off notices

Berni Ember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

See the opting out section...

Working with group notices

Group notices are text messages that group members can send to everyone in a group.  All members see the notice immediately if they are inworld; otherwise, they see it when they next log in.  All members also get an email with the notice text.  Group notices can also have attached objects.

Sending a group notice

If you have the Send Notices ability, you can send group notices to all the members of a group. 

To send a group notice:

1. Open the group profile.
  2. Click Notices to display the Notices section.
  3. Click + New Notice.
  4. Enter the subject and message text for the notice.
  5. Optional: To attach an object to the notice, click the Inventory button and drag it to the dark grey box.  You must have copy and transfer permissions on the object.
  6. Click Send.
32px-KBcaution.png Important: You cannot delete a group notice once you have sent it. 

Opting out of group notices

To stop receiving notices from a group:

2. In the General section, deselect Receive group notices.

You will no longer receive group notices nor get the associated emails.

Viewing group notice archive

To view the group notice archive:

2. Click  Notices to display the Notices section. You will see a list of all the group notices sent in the last 14 days, up to a maximum of 200 per day.
  3. Click on a notice to see its text; if there is an attached object, click Open Attachment to take a copy of it into your inventory.

Open the group's profile.  In the General tab, look for My Group Settings  >>> Receive Group notices and turn it off.  If you are using the Firestorm viewer, you can use Preferences >>> Chat >>> Firestorm >>> Group Chat >>> Disable ALL group chats to kill the group chat as well as the notices.

On 11/24/2013 at 10:34 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Open the group's profile.  In the General tab, look for My Group Settings  >>> Receive Group notices and turn it off.  If you are using the Firestorm viewer, you can use Preferences >>> Chat >>> Firestorm >>> Group Chat >>> Disable ALL group chats to kill the group chat as well as the notices.

Rolgi, somehow I disabled all group notices and am not receiving them in Firestorm. This started after I played around bit with some of the Comm features like away, etc.  But I don't recall disabling all notices. I have tried looking online to figure out how to fix it. Wondering if you might know or anyone here? 

Thanx.

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

@Inana Amat,

Did you actually look at the settings Rolig mentioned?

Also, look in Comm and make sure you have not set Busy (unavailable) mode.

I did.  I tried all of that. I also looked under comm to make sure nothing was selected.  Still not fixed. Thank you Lindal.

59 minutes ago, Inana Amat said:

somehow I disabled all group notices and am not receiving them in Firestorm. This started after I played around bit with some of the Comm features like away, etc.  But I don't recall disabling all notices. I have tried looking online to figure out how to fix it. Wondering if you might know or anyone here? 

It's been too long since I had any reason to toggle notices on/off, and I don't use Firestorm as much as I used to either, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.  Maybe @Whirly Fizzle has an idea.  It occurs to me that some toggles do not actually take effect until you relog, though, and that some (confusingly) only take effect if you click an Apply button somewhere before you click an OK button.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.