Where can I find/ask for information about fundraising for a charity?

ChloeElectra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

Firstly, apologies if I did not select the correct category.

I would like to organise some fund-raising activities for a RL charity which has no presence in SL. I need some help about the very first steps as to whether I need to get in touch with them and let them know about my project etc.

Is there anyone who has experience and could help/guide me during these first few steps?

Many thanks,

Chloe

2 answers to this question

As an alternative to what is suggested in those threads, if the charity is agreeable, you can have the charity itself create an avatar that they own and have sole access to. If possible have the avatar name the charities name or that references it.  Have all donations go directly to it and let the charity cash out so no money goes through your hands at all.

Have a donation kiosk that people donate to directly where all money goes to the charitable orgs avatar, it is also a good idea to have a button on it that takes someone to the charities website so that potential donors can get more information and make a direct donation to it, as some people are hesitant to donate in SL.  The kiosk can be put out at fund raising events and also distributed to other public places.  If you have merchants selling items where part or all of the price goes to the charity, the sales prim or vendor should be set up so that the charities portion goes directly to the organizations avatar too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.