What is this?

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a sim that is opened to the public and for the convenience of visitors, rez is also open.  I monitor several times a day and clean up, return items.

The last few days I've been noticing items/boxes on the ground that do not show up in my objects count in Parcel Details or in the Script Info.  When I try to click on them to see who owns, they immediately disappear...what are these things and is it something to be concerned about in terms of griefing, etc?

ETA:   Ahhhh, I bet you're right!!  It is always after I manually return objects through the parcel details:)  Thanks for the heads up *hugs

1 answer to this question

Hi Kylie,

I've seen this in my home, and it was the result of my viewer not responding to the deletion of something from the sim until I brought it to the viewer's attention by clicking on it. It's like the reverse of the "interest list" problems we had last year (or are still having?), where objects and attachments would be invisible until you clicked where they were supposed to be.

In my case, the ghosty things were objects I'd deleted. They remained in view, but unresponsive (couldn't edit them) for some seconds, after which clicking on them would make them vanish.

I don't know if this is what you're seeing, but I suppose it's possible that auto or manual return really had returned the object(s), but your viewer didn't register that. If this is what's really happening, you shouldn't find any such objects until after you've done some housecleaning. If you log in and find such things right away, then you're looking at a different issue than I've described.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.