Wandering cat

Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've never seen this "problem" posted here. It's not causing any trouble but it is baffling.

I have a kittycat from the 2013 handouts. A great cat to be sure. I recently changed homes on the same spot, one model for another. He disappeared from my home and i filed a ticket (could not locate on area search). He was replaced in short order. End of story?

Nope.

Now he going from my home to another sim (different region) that is catty corner (pun not intended) from my house. The owner of the area he goes to has no problems with his visits as do I.

My question is how in SL physics can a kittycat cross sim lines on their own? I've set the boundary he can roam, but like a RL cat, he won't listen ("Don't go to the other region"..."ok, go to the other region").

And to answer one possible question, we've checked area search again. It's the same cat, not a copy from the replacement.

Anyone?

TY all.

Love the video btw :)

4 answers to this question

The neighbors have better cat toys!!!!!

EDIT: Do what Rolig Says! To answer your question, you will need to reset your kitty's scripts in the teach kitty about its new region or parcel. It seems it must have locked into a home region at sometime in the past.

• Like 1

Don't just reset the scripts.  Check the instructions that came with the cat to see where it stores its home location. If it isn't on a notecard, it's likely to be in the Description field of one of its prims (most likely, the root prim).  If you reset the script without clearing that field first, it may simply ready the old information.  When I write a script like that, the instructions I give to the new owner who wants to move the object are:

1. Set all scripts to Not Running

2. Locate the location information -- a vector -- that is in the Description field of the root prim

3. Erase it.

4. Take the object to your inventory.

5. Rez it at the new location.

6. Reset all scripts

7. Set all scripts to Running.

Unless the scripts are rather complicated, I can usually eliminate steps 1, 6, and 7 by forcing the scripts to autofill the Description field if it is empty when the object is rezzed.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.