Voice active sims and none voice active sims

Johnthegent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

am having a disagreement with a special friend about voice activation on various sims ... in essence we were in private conversation and attended a gig at a non voice sim, as we were in private conversation that didn't matter. Then I got bumped and relogged back into my home and was NOT allowed to get back into private conversation with her as she was still at the club. Our home is voice active and the club isn't ... is this common and is there away around it? ... more to the point can you resolve this disagreement?

2 answers to this question

I think... it just depends on where you are when you establish the voice connection. Sort of like flying. You can fly into a no fly zone and keep flying. But, if you land, you can't take off.

You'll have to experiement to figure out whether it is the same with voice. Also, to be sure it wasn't just a transient problem. It may have been the server was having problems, which could be why you were bumped, and could not re-establish a connection. Or your crash may have caused voice to hand in some way in your computer.

Often when thing go sideways it is difficult to recover. The next day everything works ok. As I said, you'll have to experiment.

• Like 1

If you TP into a Parcel in a Region that does not support Voice Operations, while having a private voice chat with another person, your connection will be lost with the Vivox voice server. That's all. Heck, most of the time it would be lost if you TP into a Parcel in a Region where Voice is fully supported.

Private chats only work when both parties are in regions where Voice Chat is supported. Why? Because the needed voice protocols have to be on in order to pass Voice Traffic transactions from party to party. These are still needed even though the majority of your voice traffic is being managed directly by Vivox voice servers.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.