User count on Second Life

JohnathonBulgari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

There are scripted objects that show how many people are logged in at a given time.  I have one in the lobby at The Masocado Resort, and there's another near the chat circle at Caledon Oxbridge University.

Here's one I found on the Marketplace.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Number-of-avatars-in-world-and-in-the-sim-auto-update-and-touch-on-off-switch-tracker-personal-version-COPY/3287474

There are others...in fact, if I recall correctly, there is, or used to be, one in the Library section of your inventory.

• Like 2

As others have said already, you can get the number of accounts logged on at any given time with scripts and on the startup page of many thrid party viewers. However, there are quite a lot of bots in Second Life and many users log on with several alts at the same time for various reasons. As far as I know, nobody has made a serious attempt to figure out how many actual people are logged on to SL, it may well be less than half the official number.

Since Rolig mentioned Gridsurvey, please note that the concurrency data there hasn't been updated since 2010, so it's definitely only for a "historial perspective" ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2915 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.