Title not changing after changing a group member's role

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First, I am the group's owner and I have followed the instructions in this post from Jan 8, 2013.

Accepted Solution how do i change a group members role?

I have created a role and assigned someone to it. When I go to the "Members & Roles" tab, "Roles" sub-tab, it reports the number of people assigned to that role has changed from 0 to 1. So far, so good.

I have created a Title for this Role. This Title does appear in the upper part of the "Members & Roles" tab. Again, everything seems fine.

Now here's the "glitch." That person does not show up in the membership roster with that title, nor does the title appear as the group tag with the name. The person still shows up with the "Everyone" title in roster and as group tag.

I probably missed something in the setup, but not sure what that could be,

============================

Thank you ChinRey - The post I referenced above says that all members must have the "Everyone" role selected (and it re-selects it if unchecked). It's been several hours and i asked him to log in and try. No menu to select title came up - how is this menu accessed?

Found it:

Each group role within a group can have its own unique title. If your belong to more than one role in the same group, you can switch your active title within the group:

1. Select Edit > Groups from the menus at the top of the Second Life window.
  2. Click the name of your active group.
  3. Click the Info button.
  4. Near the bottom right of the Group Information window is a dropdown box called My Active Title. Click the box to select your active title from your available titles in that group.
  5. Click OK to close the Group Information Window.

Its a little different, at least in Firestorm: The option is in the lower left of the Group Profile window, labeled "Current title:"

3 answers to this question

I can think of two possible explanations.

When somebody is assigned to multiple roles in a group, they get a menu where they can choose which title to display. It's possible they will ahve to change the title manually in that menu for it to change.

The other possible solution is simply delay in the system. I've noticed occasionally that it can take a while for group titles to change. If that's the case, just give it a bit of time and maybe try to relog to see if that helps.

----

Edit. The title menu is under the General tab in the group profile window. Exactly where depends on the viewer but it should be easy to find. Remember to click on the Save button afterwards. Just closing the window will cancel any changes you have made.

the problem in  a group profile  ( that I have)  is only in one particular group..  the function of selecting a member name to  either add a new role title or  change it     does not work properly . The names and titles do not appear  in the group roster on the  general tab.   Also, I have found no clear step-by-step instructions as to how  exactly  to do this procedure...  it evidently is necessary to exactly do the steps  in a specific order  when  adding or changing new roles and new role titles.  Does anyone know where I may find the insructions    step-by-step???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.