Swastika's

Kristian Kit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am building a WW2 themed sim currently for the second life military community. I am curious if i am allowed to use the Nazi swastika symbol. I would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me.

ps: it's worth noting that neither myself or any of my fellow content creators and staff members of the sim have Nazi sympathies. We just want to create an accurate battlefield.

11 answers to this question

For what its worth ...

A quick look at the SL Marketplace site shows several instances of swastikas in the context of WWII costumes.

Also a several instances of a non-swastika symbol on an armband of an otherwise accurate Nazi costume. 

I'm afraid that even if it's in the proper context there will be objections.  There's very large number of people in this world (and consequently, in SL) who cannot grasp the idea of "context".  They'll see a swastika and immediately AR it (and you or your group).  There's good chance some sort of discipline would be given...........up to a perma-ban.  It's unfortunate that there are so many people in this world eager to jump on anything they percieve as "inappropriate".  No thought given to context........just "it's ugly, and it should not be allowed".

Political correctness rules this world.  Education is the only way to solve it but education is not allowed because "it's ugly".  I would run your plans past Linden Lab before I did anything.  Sorry.

• Like 2

go for it.

Second Life is ruled under the U.S. laws, and its totally legal for an internet company to host a nazi swastika in their servers, even more if its for historical purposes.

there will be people to object to this and that, like against furries and child avis, but as long as is not against the TOS they can AR all that they want, its gonna be easy to ban the people who find it offensive, and as someone pointed out, if some freedom of expression offends you, there are many other sims to go around.

• Like 2

Sorry, it is not allowed.
I agree that it should be allowed for Historically themed sims or exhibitions or at least considered, but it is not.

I checked with LL when I started building my sim, send in a ticket as well, but the answer was no no no.

Anything with a swastika in SL is against ToS so people creating items with swastikas and perhaps even the people wearing them, are running a risk of being reported.

I'm not saying that i "have" a swastika armband for my avi and im also not saying that i "love to wear it" but there is nothing against wearing one. If it can get passed any mods or GM's being allowed to even sell them in the marketplace, it is legal. If it was against SL terms it would be shot down quicker then it could be made. Good ahead brother/sister wear your armband proudly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.