My profile in people search is wrongly flagged as adult. How do I fix this?

Autumnfox Vesperia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some reason, my profile is listed as "adult" (a red A next to my name) in viewer 2's new search. This means that I cannot be searched for unless someone is set to view adult content.

There is no adult content in my profile. I'm not even interested in adult content.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this, and does anyone know how I could fix this? Thanks.

---

RESOLVED: I'm editing this post to show the solution that worked for me, in hopes to possibly resolve it for others.

Basically, it seems the adult flagging algorithm caught a simple emoticon (x.x) and somehow assumed it was adult rated. A very strange thing, but if anyone else is having this problem and can't find a soution, check to make sure you don't have excessive use of the letter X in your profile.

Extra thanks go out to Cerise Sorbet from the forums who informed me about this issue!

3 answers to this question

Hrm.... I always thought it was certain words you use that flag your profile as general/mature/adult but I read your profile and dont see anything Adult in it. Perhaps contacting live support would get results (if you have a premium account). Theres also an option to submit a ticket about Adult Content under Technical Questions, but that option is only avail to premium members too.

• Like 1

I have never considered profiles as being flagged as PG, M or A content.  I set my preferences to view PG and M only and, still, I can see your profile.  I can search your rental company without setting to 'A', so I am not certain what is causing you to think that your profile is adult.  I have seen other profiles that are clearly more adult content than yours.

If you are a premium account, you can contact Live Chat under Help.  If you are not, you can file a support ticket.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.