Is it possible for an owner to give someone co-owner rights? (Solved)

gerrit96

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone,

My friend has a permanent space and he want me to decorate it.

but i can't move his stuff, is there anyway to move his stuff?

like a setting or script?

Please answer here or IM me!

Greetings, 

Gerrit

Thanks for the solution!

I will show this to my friend and let him decide, since its his space and i'm just helping him

3 answers to this question

There are a couple of ways.  One is for him to open his Friends list and check the box next to your name that gives you permission to edit his objects.  The other is for him to create a group and then invite you to join the group in a role that allows you to edit objects that are set to the group.  Then all he has to do is use his Edit tool to select any objects that he wants you to work on, set (not deed) them to the group, and click the Share box on the editor's General page.  You'll find full details of those two methods in the Knowledge Base at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Friends-and-partnering/ta-p/700067#Section_.4

One important word of advice to your friend......  It is very tempting for him to make you a co-owner of the new group.  However, that is generally a BAD idea.  Once a person is an owner or co-owner of a group, you cannot force the person to leave, ever.  Sadly, friendships and partnerships come and go, but group ownership is forever.  And all co-owners have equal powers.  Either one can sell group assets, modify group objects, invite other people to join (or leave) the group .....  We have seen far too many friendships break up over ownership issues and have seen how ugly things can get when co-owners disagree about what to do next.  The only truly safe co-owner is your own alt.  If your friend creates a group, that's exactly what I would advise him to do first.

• Like 1

Your friend doesn't actually have to go to the trouble of creating a group at all, just to let you edit his things.  

See this link.  The first method is the one Rolig describes.  But read the second one, the "Friend Method."

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Friends-and-partnering/ta-p/700067#Section_.4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.