Intan balls not rezzing for anyone other than parcel owner.

Kantbe Thursday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I work at a club that uses the Intan Couples dance balls (Heart and Anyplace).  Only the owner can get the balls to rez.  Oddly, if he is in the parcel, it starts rezzing for others.

We can get things to work by turning on Build for Everyone or Group, but we don't really want to have Build enabled due to possible griefing.

It's been suggested that we create a new "land group" to own all of the objects in the parcel and limit the membership, or to move all of the club members to a new group other than the parcel group.  I don't understand how that would help.

I've also wondered if each Intan could be be contained within a small parcel with build enabled, allow object entry in the main parcel, and set autoreturn.  This seems like a lot of trouble that most people wouldn't do.

What's the best practice for parcel permissions and group use for a situation like this?  It's bound to be a simple thing to do that's been done close to a bizillion times in SL.

TIA- Kantbe

1 answer to this question

It's hard to explain, but that's actually the way things are supposed to work. It's a "feature" of the way permissions differ between group-owned and individually owned objects.  Rather than try to explain the logic, I'll just quote you the warning that accompanies many of the LSL functions that deal with parcel permissions....

Function WILL NOT work on group owned land if the owner of the object where this function resides is not currently online and connected to the sim (although now seems to be working for land owner on privately owned land even when the owner is not around).

• These limitation can be overcome by deeding the object to a group the object owner is one of the owners of. [NOTE:  this is not just setting the object to the land group.  You actually have to deed it.  Whoever suggested this action to you is right. ]
  • Remember to take a copy before deeding because you cannot undeed something.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.