How do I re-rezz my house. I accidentally hit 'Take" on a wal.

annotating

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi annotating,

If you use Firestorm, you can right click on the taken objects in your inventory, then select "Restore to Last Position". If you're using the Official SL viewer, you will have to manually drag the objects back in-world and place them to the best of your ability. If you took multiple objects in one go, they'll be represented in inventory as a little pile of boxes, named for one of the objects in the group of things you took. Be careful dragging that back in-world, as part of the coalesced group may wind up encroaching on a neighboring parcel, causing failure to rez, or the return of part or all of the group to your inventory. You may have to go to a large public sandbox to rez the group, then take the pieces back into inventory individually. You can then return to your parcel and restore each individual object to the correct position.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Oops!  We've all done that, often more than once.

In the future, as a partial protection against this, right click your house (and anything else you don't want to accidentally delete), select Edit, and then in the Object tab, check the Locked box.  When you are about to delete or edit a Locked object, you'll get a warning message.

In the present case, if Maddy's answer doesn't solve the problem...most houses are copyable.  Just delete any remaining parts of it, then rez a fresh copy of the house.  Position it using your furniture (which is still there) as a guide.

• Like 1

Another handy thing to do is to store the rez position of the building's rez box (or the building itself, if it rezzes as a single object).  I usually add a NC to the folder in inventory for the house, and then after initially rezzing the house, copy the location values and the rotation values for the rez box (or the house itself, if no rez box).  Those values will be on the 2nd tab of the edit window (so you'll need to edit the item to see those). 

Then if misfortune happens, just delete the remaining portions of the house, set out the rez box for the house, go into edit mode and set the location and rotation values to the values saved on in the NC, then rez the house - it should appear right back where it had been.  For me, this is easier than trying to line it up based on location of furnishings or other existing pieces of the house.  

I also try to do as suggested above, "locking" the various pieces of the house in edit mode, though sometimes it's hard to find all the parts. 

(I still remember the terrible feeling the first time I accidently deleted my house...)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.