Fake events?

Jules1979

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I found an event on SL website (id=6763250). I am here, the place is empty, the host is offline, the owner is offline. I can't ask about them products, so I think this is a simple advertisment... or not?

After 10 min...

Lets see the next event (id=6787787). "- WE WILL PAY YOU $890 PER HOUR AS A MODEL-" wow is good but... "get some clothes you think will look good on you for the picture to apply. STORE CLOTHES ONLY-". Host is offline, owner is offline. If you are credulous, you will buy clothes if you want be a model.

4 answers to this question

I understand you, is true. This is our second life, our second home, and we can make it better. I hope I can read a lot of "real" events in the future. I think this area of SL needed moderation.

If I am thinking as a company owner... and if I want invest money into the SL, the promotions will important for me....

unfortunately, its to make people go to that place and create traffic for that sim....its a clever way to get people to that sim/club

Then again, the person might have went to bed or went to RL- you kinda cant expect people to "live on SL" 24/7

there is work, school, kids....shopping...cleaning a house etc that they might have to get going...

about NO models...maybe they dont have any atm

Also that amount to be paid to model is ALOT.....for how long 20 RL hours a week?

That last one you mentioned... "get some clothes you think will look good on you for the picture to apply. STORE CLOTHES ONLY-". is a SCAM to get you to give them traffic and buy their clothes that is my OPINION

In the past i have ran events when i had my own photography studio where people had to use my FREE public photostudio....to qualify to get first place of 1000L....second 500 and 3ed place  was 250.....but this was before "events" were on here to search for- 

SO keep your eyes open that alot of them are using this to build traffic to their stores/malls when they are not even events at all

their categories are often misplaced and need tp be placed in the advertizing categories....

i hope that helps

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.