Does anyone know if there's some place in world to take sailing lessons?

KyokiMaru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was given a sail boat from a friend & I haven't a clue how to sail it! I was told I need to go to the Blake Sea but I hear they are pretty close to what has to be done in RL. to sail correctly. I figured if I can get some lessons somehow, that would be the best way to start. Thanks in advance for any help!

2 answers to this question

I don't know of any sailing classes but what I did was go to Stillman (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Stillman/157/81/23) and get a copy of Miccie Inkpen's lovely free Jolly boat. It has a script that shows the optimal sail settings as floating text while you sail it and that's a wonderful way of learning by doing. ^_^

I'm sure there are other boats with similar functions but that's the one I know of.

Blake Sea is a great place to start sailing. Not only do you have the sea in itself but you can also get from there to the waters around several private estates and three of the mainland continents.

You should also try the waters around Sansara and Heterocera. Those are the original Second Life continents and there are lots of great places to explore there.

(Edit: Fixed some of the typos)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.