Can't create a new forum profile badge

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

While I was looking into Snickers' question about using a new image for a forum avatar (the little picture in the left corner of your forum badge) I tried to update my forum badge background image.

I went to My Settings/Social Connect/Profile Badge, and I found the window for doing this.  However, it had only the four stock backgrounds available.  There was no option there to upload an image or use an image from the ones already uploaded.

In the Help section, I found a place that implied you could only use an image "if you have the ability to upload images without moderation."  But, I WAS able to upload an image to my Images, and use it as a forum avatar!  And I have never, as far as I know, NOT had the "ability to upload images without moderation."

Am I missing something?

EDIT:  Thank you Maddy.  That is exactly what I do too, to create a new AVATAR picture...the little inset one at the top left of the profile badge.  What I WANT to do is change the background image of the badge.

6 answers to this question

Lindal? You're supposed to have the answers, not questions!

Way back when LL switched to Lithium you actually did have to wait to have images accepted upon upload. I think that lasted for all of two days before LL recognized the folly in it. In typical LL fashion, they never updated the webpage to indicate that uploads are NOT moderated.

I've been meaning to mention to Snickers that she could Google "blank" image, find a small transparent variety to download to her PC, then upload it to her avatar image and thereby remove the missing image icon from her profile badge, but I've not had time.

I get to the page where I upload images by clicking "My Settings", then the "Avatar" tab, then "From Uploaded Images" tab, which then produces some instructional text that includes a link to "My Images page", which I click.

• Like 1

Here's MY problem. I uploaded two new images I had intended to use as replacement avatar images. They show up in my own avatar album folder but they haven't shown up in my list of APPROVED BY MODERATOR images which are the only ones I can use for an avatar image. So by implication, they haven't been approved by a moderator yet. I guess I can try putting them in a different album or something.

UPDATE: OK I found that IF I go to EDIT the photo from My Images, I can select an option for it to use as avatar photo. So that solves the problem of the small inset picture on the Profile Badge and elsewhere. But, Lindal is right, you can't edit your profile badge background. I could change it to one of the stock ones but the ability to upload and use a NEW one is not there for me. So mine is stuck on the 5 year old picture of me wearing one of my ancient designs.

• Like 1

I really gotta stop contributing via my phone while I'm out and about. I didn't read your post carefully enough, Lindal. It appears that the wunderkind at Linden Labs couldn't resist sticking their fingers in the Lithium grease again and have borked avatar badges. It's time for a JIRA and I've started it....

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-10313

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.