Bought something from secondlife marketplace used items...

hallebarde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know if all demos have something to stop somebody from wearing them normally -even for a short period of time-, but other demos I bought (for 0 ld, that is) had either printed the word demo on them (a dress and 2 sweaters) and a fox fur except from several prints on it, had also over the head travelling together with the avatar a plastic transparent bunny and the label 'demo'.
Am not sure what is going on exactly.
Finally and due to yr help, I manage to wear (through alpha wear and add the outfit), some things I bought and demos too.
Now there's this new issue. I bought something used (from secondlife marketplace used items) and it arrived to my received items folder as a folder without files in it and only 4 right-click options, delete, copy, cut and paste. Tried to copy and paste it in my inventory same result. It cannot be rezzed, opened, wore, or anything.
Perhaps I must do something else cause it is used?

P.S. (like I said, found this way to answer myself and comment after yr replies.)

What is going on really with this used coat is that it arrived in a folder as a subfile with options to wear etc.  If I wear it it attaches to my back as an invisible cage which if I right click I see it.  So I presume it needs rezzing.  If I rez it it disappears and returns to my lost and found folder while the initial folder remains in received items as i said with 4 options, cut, delete, copy and paste.

If I try again tryig to wear or rez the returned in lost and found folder outfit, same again, it disappears or attaches in my back as invisible cage.

The one who sold it asks me to return it to him in order to check it.  I don't even know how to return it.  I did not mention to him at all refund or replacement as another answer here told me the merchandises in secondlife marketplace are not returnable or refundable.

(Another 100 ld flashed down the toilet.  I do not mind at all as I managed to wear a demo warm jacket for now.  Tomorrow who knows, I might become the next SL millionaire...)

3 answers to this question

Empty folder:  The seller either doesn't know how to package her item, or they deliberately are selling an empty folder.  If you suspect the latter, Abuse Report them for fraud...but try to communicate with them first.  It may be a misunderstanding or error.

Used items:  You're always taking a risk buying "used" items in Second Life.  They could be things you could get for free.

Returning items:  MOST SL merchants don't accept returns and don't give refunds.  This is because most items are No Transfer...so you cannot return them anyway, and the merchant has no way to know that you deleted the unsatisfactory item as you promised you would.  Merchants are tired of having their customers trying to get "something for nothing".  However, people who sell No Copy/Transfer items sometimes WILL accept returns and give refunds.  In any case, it can't hurt to try...just remember to be polite, and remember that no merchant is REQUIRED to give you a refund for anything.

I encourage you to concentrate on the stuff you can get for free.  Search for freebie stores, look for freebies on the Marketplace, join the Fabulously Free in SL group, subscribe to blogs like "SL for Nowt".  Try not to spend any money for the first week or month here.  By that time, you'll know what and who and where to find the good stuff and can start to spend your money wisely.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.