scripting the breedables and food

Birdguru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi, i'm trying to create some breedables (mesh)

i use critterbreeds and even tried another open source script but 

even though it said to drop script in the food prim/mesh wich i did somehow the item deletes itself

no matter wat i try  i tried naming the food (Hardfood) even tried a code in the description 

does anyone else work with these scripts? 

2 answers to this question

This isn't the sort of question we can answer easily here. Answers is basically for helping Second Life residents understand how SL works (or why it doesn't).  If you have a problem with a specific user-created product or service, you'll have to ask the creator or find a support group for that product.

Breedables are not as popular in SL as they were a few years ago, but there seem to be more ways for creating and supporting them than ever. Each one is different, so it's impossible to guess why you may be having trouble with that particular one. 

• Like 1

I don't normally like playing guessing games about scripting questions (which is all I can do on the basis of the information you provide) but I'll risk a guess that the food prims/meshes are deleting themselves because there's something wrong with the next-owner perms on the objects.    If I were writing such a system, I'd probably include that sort of check to make sure none of the food -- which I would be hoping to sell, after all -- could possibly get out into the wild with copy-transfer perms and ruin my business model.

If you're using an open-source script, you should be able see where it calls llDie() and work out from that what's going wrong (and if you can't, you might consider seeking the aid of a more experienced scripter).

Other than that, I can only echo Rolig's point that this isn't really the right place for this sort of question.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.