dose Bento have anything that works with the slink Physique body?

biscut1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

biscut1 wrote:

I looked in the MP and I saw where Bento works with the catwa and maitreya. But nothing for the slink physique. Is that something that is coming?

Bento is mostly for three things -

1) Extra bones for non-human avatars (wings, back legs, etc.)

2) Extra bones in the hands that will allow them to move fingers, etc. when using new animations.

3) Extra bones in the face that will allow mesh heads to play animations and be more customizable.

They really won't have any affect on human mesh bodies. You're probably seeing "Bento shapes" advertised. They're just ordinary shapes that are tuned to look good with those products. There will never be a true "Bento shape" that's fundamentally different from the regular shape you can access from the "Edit My Shape" command.

Many mesh body-part makers are updating hands and heads to work with the Bento bones and their products are either out now or in the near future. The owner of Slink was one of the people involved with the initial phases of the Bento product so they should be updating their products fairly soon.

• Like 3

Answering more directly, No... not yet.

I am a Slink user. I've tried some other demos. I'll be trying another round of demos in the coming year. Slink's latst update of the mesh boddies is impressive giving me more control over materials used with the body. The feet, hands, and head get that set of updates next.

Siddean isn't saying anything about Bento features. So, I expect Slink will trail behind others in adopting Bento.

I plan to wait a couple or more months before buying Bento. I'll give the designers time to learn Bento in depth and find their misteps. 

For now don't generalize about what animation and clothes designers are doing. Make sure you understand what THEY (read as 'the individual designer) mean when they include Bento in their promo stuff. Remember. ALL animations to date are Bento compatible. That dosen't mean they animate the new Bento bones just that you can use them with a Bento mesh whatever without crashing. The Bento parts won't be moved by old animations.

Also, using Bento animations with a classic avatar is doable. Say it animates the Bento wings. Unless you have Bento rigged wings, there is nothing to see being animated. So, those invibile wing bones while flapping away are invisible until you attach a mesh to them. That attaching has to be done when designing the mesh. The animation moves bones without knowing what is or isn'tattached to them. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.