Vendors

RoyaleInk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so i am trying to learn these things all ahead of time before i even get to opening a inworld store. I was wondering how do i put something in and inworld store that will allow them to buy the product instantly right inworld once they click and pay.

2 answers to this question

You can buy a commercial vendor system from someone like HippoTech or CasperVend, or you can make your own vendors by putting a vendor script into a prim, and texturing it with a picture of the item you are selling.  Both the item and the script are placed into the Content folder of the vendor prim.

• Like 1

Take a look at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-objects/ta-p/700143 .  As Lindal says, you can buy rather sophisticated vendor systems in world, or in Marketplace, that do all sorts of amazing tricks. You can make the simplest vendors all by yourself, though.  The hardest part is getting the permissions right, so pay attention to that section of the article.  And practice a bit with an alt or with a good friend before you set your items for sale to the general public, just to be sure that you get it right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.