THE MESH PROJECT Designers

Enchtris Byrd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When is THE MESH PROJECT going to update their customers and give customer support. The wearers of this first designed mesh body has stolen Lindens with promises to the SL community dwellers. I think we have been abused with false promises. We allowed them into our groups to listen and get feedback on their product,giving them free ideas! only for them to complain TOS infringement because our group name had Mesh Project additicts (Mesh Project) in our name. We had to shut down our groups which was the only support for this mesh body.

They have a website that is limited to use for members because they dont like negative feedback so you are blocked to inquire or make any complaints.If anyone knows anything about this Major Mesh Body Designer, I think they owe it to customers to come thru with the promises or refund us all. The Mesh Project Body wearers are being abused which I feel is going against TOS by making False Promises about their product on which members have paid very high lindens.It seems they have dropped off face of SL earth and Members now fear all the clothing purchased and is installed into their system could be lost if they leave as everything is on a server they own and members have no control of clothing they have trsuted to TMP as part of the style system to dress this body.This issue isnt isolated as I have owned the body for a number of yrs and have had no support communication,except for what they call live help at their shop! which is terribly lame and half the time is difficult to get answers you understand or they are rude! Thank you for any knowledge or help on this issue it will be appreciated

3 answers to this question

You should remove your post.  This forum is not intended for airing complaints about residents or merchants, and doing so violates the forum standards of behavior.

I'll respond to your complaint though:  In Second Life, there are really only three major rules:

• Be Nice
  • He Who Owns the Land Makes the Rules
  • Caveat Emptor

The first one should be obvious.  If you're reasonable, considerate, and polite, most people will be reasonable, considerate, and polite to you!

The second means that a land owner can kick you off her property for any reason, or for no reason at all.  This is one reason why Rule 1 is so important.

The third rule applies to your situation.  "Caveat Emptor" is Latin for "Let the buyer beware."  In SL, you have little to no recourse if you buy something that is shoddy, unsupported, or even fraudulent.  This is why it's so important to do research on products, especially expensive ones, before you buy them.  I'm sorry you spent money on a product that's not working out for you...but since (according to you) the creators are not following Rule 1, you can be sure that they won't be in business for long.

This is why I rarely will buy a product that relies on an outside server to function, unless I can afford to lose the use of the product.  The owner of the server can shut it down or ban you from it at anytime for any reason.  LL can't do anything and will do nothing as they have no control or responsibility over outside websites or servers.  It is your responsibility to decide if a product is worth it to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.