How do I record SL scenes to make a video?

af41

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello guys and gals :-)

I am wondering how to record SL scenes that  I can later upload to Youtube.

I am making a build and want to film it and then upload it as a video but I dont know how to capture SL actions.

I have seen many SL videos on Youtube but I dont know how they do it.

Print screen will only give me snaps intead of a video. Is there software or tricks to do it?

Thanks

Thanks a lot Valerie. I am now checking the links  :-)

Thank you very much Lindal. Very useful info :-)

5 answers to this question

You use a third party screen capture utility.  I use one called FRAPS.  Tip:  Remove all HUDS and close all interface windows on your screen.  Otherwise, they will be recorded, too.

Once captured, you will want to edit your video to remove unwanted sections, bad camera moves, and so on.  For that, you use a video editing program.  I use Sony Vegas, but it's pretty high end.  You can do a fine job with a free program like the Movie Maker utility that comes with Windows.

• Like 1

Hi BoomingStar! You download the software for general Fraps. You open it, and then set it. Unfortunately, the free version is limited to 30 seconds is ready to record. Then open the firestorm, or with which you play. Ctr + Alt + 1 and Alt + Shift + H hudokat you sink the screen. You get a quality image whose size is the size of your monitor. You're online. Do you see a good situation and we are pushing the keyboard shortcut that you've set for yourself at the Fraps. Needless to álíltani down because stops automatically after 30 seconds. These film clips themselves, where you are asked for the Fraps to record. Then comes the hard part. Some video editor to edit the video and after that you can also enjoy their own movie. I recommend that you buy a 3D mouse (3D space navigator) for smooth mouse movements the result will not be pretty. Here you can see my videos. There is rudimentary, and there was a mouse in 3D space navigator In a world of difference.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXwDgxXJMCQiYSikuwwhV2g

Excuse my English is not very strong - Cili Ferrara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.