Creating custom skins

Amil Morani

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

Ive seen on yoututbe that people are making their own skins,makeup etc. using the templates they got  here on SL.Can some one help me through this process.I have photoshop but i have no idea where to begin.Can some one please help? Thanks in advance...

6 answers to this question

Amil Morani wrote:

Hi,

Ive seen on yoututbe that people are making their own skins,makeup etc. using the templates they got  here on SL.Can some one help me through this process.I have photoshop but i have no idea where to begin.Can some one please help? Thanks in advance...

Hi Amil,

Here is a good place to start: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials

Don't be fooled by the title.  Clothing templates and skin templates are virtually the same.  You will find links to templates in that article.

Good luck!

--Cinn

In addition to the excellent link Cinn provided, i would suggest you take a look here and download the psd files for Eli Eloh's skins that she released full perm for the use of everyone subject to certain provisos. The quality and realism of the current generation of second life skins has improved considerably since these were created and subsequently released but these files will give you a good understanding on how to go about creating  skins, the various layers and how to organise them, although you can of  course decide to do things differently and create your own method but  either way you need to be extremely organised. The actual skins are available inworld.

If you are using GIMP and not Photoshop, please note GIMP can open psd files.

http://www.vintfalken.com/free-full-perm-female-skin-textures/

Nyll

Sory it took me a while to reply to this i had a hard time finding out how to access my own profile.Anywho as far as using the templates on photshop im having difficulty transfering a photo of myself over to the template.Im sure i can get it but it just seems a little tricky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.