Applying a picture to an Ad board InWorld

tagtoteach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I hope I explained the topic correctly but I'm looking for some help on how to put a picture onto one of the Ad Boards that you can advertise on while playing. I have a saved image already that has been saved automatically as a texture and I already know how to upload other things like notecards and locations, which I have done already and i have succeeded. Yet, applying the picture has still stumped and frustrated me. I've been trying my best to follow the instructions given to me by the the owner of the board through their notecards but I'm still so lost. Could someone please help me?

7 answers to this question

Maybe you are doing it right, but the board will not let you, for some strange reason.

I once had the same problem, and found out it was some kind of a bug in the viewer, that made it impossible to put the texture in a certain spot. In all other spots, but not particularly there where I wanted it to be.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any solution to this issue, but I hope someone else can help you to manage, to put your ad in the right place :matte-motes-smile: 

Be sure to hold your control key down while dragging the texture from  your inventory to the prim and that you are dragging it to the prim that is the display screen.  Do not let up on the key.

If this isn't working, then contact the owner and explain it.  The script may need to be reset or the board replaced.

Try with held <ctrl> (or <str> or whatever that key is labeled on your keyboard) key like Amethyst said but instead of dragging it on the object itself, right click the object (already before you press ctrl and drag so the window is open and click the contents-tab of the board) and drag your texture directly into your content. Also some of those ad-boards require you to drag stuff in a certain order or are impatient, or require you click twice or that it's Monday the 13th or something, so make sure you really read the instructions those things give - sometimes they give hints as to what they desire of you not just in a notecard but in localchat, make sure you check that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.