why wont my progeny hud stay working ?

rosscopunisher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

today i have removed and re-attached my progeny hud 4 times and each time it comes back it works up to the point of biting a victim, this isnot exceptable, family ruls state i must remain above 50% this is not not possible and you risk my possition if this is not fixed in a quick manner ie today you risk my avi health under progeny, is linden labs prepared to repay these costs to me are you prepared to hinder my gaming experience with errors. I AM FAR FROM HAPPY

16 answers to this question

First... We are not Linden Labs, we are members of the community, just like you, who volunteer to try and give helpful answers.

Second... LL will not compensate you for any failings in your vampire roleplay hud, regardless of "family rules" that are meaningless to LL, or "damage to your health" which is also meaningless to LL, especially as its simply an arbitary value on the hud.

Third... If you have problems with a certain brand of scripted vampire roleplay hud, you need to talk to the vendor who makes and sells the hud, or their support staff, usually via the brands customer support group chat.

Fourth... Don't expect an awful lot of sympathy from non vampires, "spam-biting" is considered to be an offense on many privately owned parcels for which the owners will eject and ban the biter.

SL's vampires face almost as much opposition as Dracula got from Dr. Abraham van Helsing in the Hammer House of Horror movies.

• Like 4

Klytyna has it 100% right. If your HUD doesn't work, take it up with whoever made it or sold it to you. As far as Linden Lab is concerned (TOS, Sect 6): "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users." and (TOS, Sec. 9): "Linden Lab is NOT liable for its users' actions, and you release Linden Lab from any claims relating to other users."

• Like 2

ladies....ladies... ;)

progeny doesn't bite others as bloodlines does... you will never feel or even know if you have been bitten by a progeny player  :)

only when you are in that game you can see it. .. but perhaps that makes it even more bad, it takes your virtual privacy without even knowing it.

• Like 1

Rolig is right. We should answer all questions here seriously or not at all so I deleted my own "snappy" answer.

Alwin gave a rather significant clarification to a point in Klytyna's answer though, so Alwin, do as I say not as I do: keep it!

I'm uncertain what 'wrong/mistaken' thought, Alwin is supposed to be correcting...

I did not claim the OP was a spam biter, nor claim that spam biting is even possible with his chosen system (about which I know absolutely nothing). I stated, correctly that spam biting is considered a banning offense by some parcel owners.

Alwin however claims that progeny hud biting is stealthed and undetectable.

Then he contradicts his own claim by claiming that "only when you are in the game can you see it"

I'll borrow a quote from Alwin... suitably edited of course...

"I don't mind people care for it or not, but think it's wrong to correct not-wrong statements."

And I was not "correcting" Alwin either. His clarification about the difference between progeny and bloodlines is interesting. I learned something that I did not know. I was simply pointing out that the answer to the OP's question is that Linden Lab can't do a bloody thing about his problem. He'll have to go back to the creator/merchant.

I was informed by an aquaintance some time back that Netherworld Vampires cannot spam bite, because their huds, when a bite request is refused, offer the victim an opportunity to 'stake' the biter, and if they get stasked 3 times in a single day the hud wont bite for 24 hrs, leaving them not only not getting 'blood' but actually losing more...

Alwin's point is that Progeny differs from other vampire rp system in that the "vitcim" doesn't have to be asked or even told. It's a kind of role play system for people too lazy to role play. All the "vampire" has to do is get reasonably close to somebody not already in the database and register their "victim". It's a fairly safe bet that most of us already are in the Progeny database as "victims" without knowing abut it but there are always newcomers. ;)

25 minutes ago, JoelTyrone said:

Rossco, you're a dick. first of all, no family has that rule. Second of all,  you are just coming here to flaunt yourself. I highly doubt that you are even  having an issue. An incase you think I am stating something that I don't know... We have met in SL before. We have some mutual friends...or at least we did. And we all agree. YOU ARE A DICK!

The post is over a year old. You may want to tell Roger in-world, as I doubt he is following this old thread.

5 hours ago, JoelTyrone said:

Rossco, you're a dick. first of all, no family has that rule. Second of all,  you are just coming here to flaunt yourself. I highly doubt that you are even  having an issue. An incase you think I am stating something that I don't know... We have met in SL before. We have some mutual friends...or at least we did. And we all agree. YOU ARE A DICK!

Gosh, tell us how you really feel.

• Haha 2

• Confused 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.