"Pay this resident" link?

Nettika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

It makes the official pay resident box show up. The saaame exact box that shows up if you click "pay this resident" in an IM, or from a right-click wheel.

It's not anything malicious. There is a way to do this, just trying to figure out how.

• Like 1

There is a "Pay" button in the Profile window.  That's not something you "get" or have to add on, it's a function in the Profile.  Use it, if you want to pay money to someone.

If you are seeing an actual URL, for example in the main Profile description area or in one of a person's Picks, don't click it.  URLs from strangers can lead to "phishing" sites that try to get you to enter your user name and password so your account can be hacked.

• Like 5

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_URI_Name_Space tells you how to do this.

Example:

secondlife:///app/agent/2e255955-e183-48c4-b9f9-1cd1b80db94e/pay

When the above is posted into chat and the link clicked on, it will open up the pay resident floater for Whirly Fizzle.

You can customize the text of the link like this:

[secondlife:///app/agent/2e255955-e183-48c4-b9f9-1cd1b80db94e/pay  Text Goes Here] 

As the previous posters said though, I'd avoid using and clicking on those kinds of links, they are often used by scammers.

• Like 4

I feel people should be careful doing this.

I see a lot lonely girls put spoil me with link to pay them but really they have know idea this makes them look lazy lower then anything I know they are better then this they could do better with there life instead of standing around places waiting for a guy and I head guys getting tired them getting message if they will buy them stuff. Not saying everyone does this but it does make someone look uneducated it can be unattractive making someone walk away. Educate yourself read Emily post guys don't wanna hear buy me things all the time they want to hear intelligence and long term not games there. But its your second life live your life. But how you act is what you attract.

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Confused 1

The thread is 2 yrs old - I'm not so sure the OP is coming back to read it. 

In any case, I don't think a "pay me" link makes them look lazy or lower than anything - depending on what else is written there.  It would raise flags to me because I'd figure that the link was really some sort of scam.  By the same token, if I have such a link and someone actually paid me, then I'd figure I managed to score pretty good. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.