Recognized Resident
Accepted Solution
can't receive offline IMs via email

i did this:

• Go to Me menu > Preferences.
  • Click Chat tab.
  • Check or uncheck Email me IMs when I'm offline.

also checked,

Account>contact information>I would like to receive offline IMs via Email

But ,still i can't receive any offline IMs, I tried change the email adress, the some thing, didn't come to my email box.

thanks for help!

Accepted Solution
Honored Resident
Answered

Hi Have, (and love the name )

a while ago I read something about some email providers filtering rather brutally by email headers, and if they so much as "think" it is a not valid email header you will never receive the emails. top of that list was Gmail if I recall correctly. you might want to try usign a different email procvider and change your contact info on the account page, and if it works with the different provider that is most likely what is causing your problem.

Note: Many providers allow you to "auto-forward" your mails to another account (even with a different provider) and as that should rewrite the headers it would allow you to use the new email simply as some sort of "buffer".

Other Answers: 3
Recognized Resident
Answered

thanks suella,

yes, i  checked spam /junk folder, shoudn't be filtered.

i can resive no-reply emails from marketplace, like Sales Confirmation,

also i can get a email when you reply this post.

just no email from inworld.

Recognized Resident
Answered

yes, you are right,

thanks a lot Nya!

i changed to hotmail, now it's fine, did not work with my gmail.

Advisor
Answered

Everything you have done there should work just fine.

Have you checked to make sure that your email system isn't filtering them to a spam /junk folder for some reason? If it is mark one of them as 'not spam' and all future emails from the SL address should go to your inbox.