What is auto pilot?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

22 answers to this question

Hello Charolotte. Auto pilot = select this to walk or fly to the double click location.

In addition we have another option: In Viewer 2 (i know you use it Charolotte) Menu Advanced --> Debug Settings --> DoubleClickAutoPilot --> Set it to true.

As Torley explains,  "Some of you may find it useful for navigation. Set it to TRUE, then anywhere you double-click (with the left mouse button) inworld, you'll automatically walk, run, or fly towards. Our autopilot is kind of flakey, so don't be surprised if this doesn't always work and you get an "Autopilot canceled" message. Nevertheless, a fun novelty".

• Like 1

Double click tp'ing is really brilliant. (I even do it in my own house :D) So quick to get around. Imagine how quick you can get around big stores; double click, and poof you're there! But it only works if the parcel allow you to tp anywhere. If a fixed tp landing zone is set, you will end up at that point every time.

If you have the time, you can use autopilot to have your avi walk from point to point. And only if there are no obstacles in the path.

- Luc -

Double click TP is awesome, remember that you have it switched on if you are doing some other stuff, like playing board games or scrolling vendors or feeding ducks etc where you left click multiple times or you find yourself TP`ing onto things that you didn`t intend to hehe :)

Yes but no, but yes but no... :) That would work but it would be easier to move into position, set up the shot, then open your walk animation from your inventory and play it. Then you don't have to work so hard at snapping the pic at the right time. You can spend the time on the composition, the light, and what not. In the resulting picture you will still look as if you are walking. No?

- Luc -

Oh. What a fabulous idea! Now if i can just undo the lid on this ao...

oh and also, I think it will be good to get me walking cause then I will have like random shots and stuff, but the seting up and preplaning would work great as well, thanks!

oh and i just thought what if i am strolling down a stretch of highway or through the wooods, that might be pretty cool too, yeah?

/me hands Charlotte a lid opening tool. :)

It is a good idea if you need some time making sure a shot is as perfect as it can be.

I agree with you. Often the best shots are the more random ones, like you say. Perhaps less perfect, but better still.

And a stroll through the woods is never a bad idea. :)

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.