Online Status

OdinsGate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do I block a friend from seeing I'm online and still allow others to see I'm online?  I've searched other posts....but it doesn't seem to help.  One was close, but my menu's must be different than when it was posted.

6 answers to this question

assuming you are using v2 - i am not familiar with that one, but others will come along and tell you were to find those options - i just wanted to say that it's not possible to be completely invisible. there are third party viewers that have a feature called "true online status" which overrides your settings, basically, so if your friend uses any of those viewers, for example the phoenix viewer, your online status is visible to them regardless of your settings.

besides this, it's also possible to see online status of anyone via groups.

if you want total privacy i'd suggest make an alt and tell no one about it.

You can`t stop anyone seeing your online status, whether they are a friend or not, if they really want to see it.

The problem with switching it off on your friends list is that it makes your name completely disappear from the other persons friendlist on the website, instead of just saying that you are offline, so they know you have blocked them.

It's very easy to see whether any avatar is on line, regardless of whether you have unchecked the "View On Line" box in your Friends list.  LSL (the scripting language in which all SL scripts are written) includes a simple function for gathering online information, among other things, so there are probably thousands of free scripts in world that can do the job.  There are also dozens of scripted devices for sale on Marketplace.  As others have suggested, the only way to be incognito in world is to create an alt and not tell anyone that it's you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.