No Animate your Avatar Question

Shannon Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've had this problem for over a week and have not received any kind of response to my original question to LL.

No changes on me or my avatar but suddenly I'm just "sitting" on pose balls. There is no "Animate your avatar?" question. I've taken off my AO (even though that wasn't a problem before), and the question is not hidden behind any other box on the screen.

I originally stripped down to just a body and still could not get my own furniture to work. I un installed SL, then reinstalled and everything worked again. THAT lasted for a day, and then it was messed up again. I used Firestorm and went back to SL and some "bridge" came with me that worked for about 4 days. NOW, I'm back to the same problem.

I cannot be the only person having this problem! Any suggestions? 

2 answers to this question

Shannon Blackheart wrote:

I've had this problem for over a week and have not received any kind of response to my original question to LL.

No changes on me or my avatar but suddenly I'm just "sitting" on pose balls. There is no "Animate your avatar?" question. I've taken off my AO (even though that wasn't a problem before), and the question is not hidden behind any other box on the screen.

I originally stripped down to just a body and still could not get my own furniture to work. I un installed SL, then reinstalled and everything worked again. THAT lasted for a day, and then it was messed up again. I used Firestorm and went back to SL and some "bridge" came with me that worked for about 4 days. NOW, I'm back to the same problem.

I cannot be the only person having this problem! Any suggestions? 

A popular furniture poseball system was written so that it wouldn't ask you permission to animate you if you've previously used that poseball, even if the furniture had been stopped previously. This was for convenience. However, recently changes were made to the "Stop Animating Me"viewer menu command to fight a griefing issue but had the side-effect of disrupting this poseball system. If you've used "Stop Animating Me" on the region your furniture is it will take away the animation permission from anything you've granted permission to now, but this furniture system won't ask you permission again because it thinks you already gave it permission.

The work-around would be to have someone else sit on the ball you want to use and then stand up. Then you can sit on the ball - it should ask you for animation permission again, as you become a "new user" of that poseball after someone else sits on it. Once you grant it permission again it should work normally - just be careful with the "Stop animating me" command. Another, slower way is to edit the object and choose "Restart scripts" from the "Build" menu. I think this will only work on things you can modify though.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.