Keep getting messages saying we're having trouble connecting to your voice server. The voice service

dfactor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Keep getting messages in voice areas saying we'er having trouble connecting to your voice server.  Your voice service may not be available.  Please check network and firewall seteup.  Yes i have restarted my computer.  YES i have uninstalled and reinstalled my curreent viewer firestorm.  Yes i have even turned off my firewall and skype and other running programs.  same results each time.

3 answers to this question

The problem is likely not you. The voice service of SL has been under attack for sometime. Vivox, the people that provide the service, and Linden Lab have been working on the problem. Over the last couple of weeks and this week's server updares the effort has been to change logging and aquire more data on what is happening and to improve recovery and reduce attacks.

The only work-around for now is TP to a new region or relog.

The other possibility is you have a poor connection to the SL or Vivox servers, which is way more specific than having a good general Internet connection. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I thought it was just my viewer too.......I downloaded the newest Firestorm (50527) and each time I log in I get the pop up error about issues with the voice server (Vivox).....I never got this pop up until I downloaded the Firestorm version listed above......

I do ALT, Windows button and F6........then relog and it will come back normally.   I have heard others who have this same issue.    I have tried the TPing to a region to see if that helped and it didn't......still no voice.      

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.