I got a linden home and need help how do i set security on it or ban lines around it?

DarkOfDawn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just brought my first linden home, i don't even know how to work the control panel let alone set up security or ban lines around the property - - -  can someone please help me???

Also it said it i joined up today I would get 1K bonus which I haven't got is there something special I'm supposed to do to get it??

2 answers to this question

Hi Dark,

Someone else will have to help you with setting up your Linden Home.

Your L$1000 bonus will arrive after 45 consecutive days of premium membership, as described here...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477#Section_.3.1

Your weekly L$300 stipend will be paid out every Tuesday.

Do three things for security.

1.  Stand in your home.  Go to World/Place Profile.  Click the About Land button.  Click the Options tab.  UNcheck the box that says "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel."  

2.  Go to the Access tab.  UNcheck "Public Access."  This will put ban lines around your parcel, although as the owner you will not see them.  To let your friends visit you, click ADD at the bottom of this window and add their name to the Allowed Residents list.

3.  Click the Sound tab.  Check the boxes "Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel" and "Restrict Voice to this parcel."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.