How do i prevent an item from changing my camera angle?

ArcheryAngel125

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there, so ive been having some issues with my camera angle for a while now. All of a sudden my default camera angle when i walk changed from looking over my shoulder to looking down on me from high up in the sky and nothing i did fixed it. Eventually i found out that a specific item i was wearing was the cause of the problem. But now i want to know how do i prevent the item from changing the camera angle when i wear it. It cost a lot and i really would like to wear it but i cant see where i am walking when i do... Please help!!!

2 answers to this question

Hi Angel,

You may already have tried typing Esc, Shift+Esc and/or Ctrl-9 a few times. That might wrestle the camera back from the script(s) in your thing. And it is a script in the thing you're wearing that's causing the trouble.

If the thing is "mod", you can remove the script(s) that control your camera. If the thing contains multiple scripts for various functions, and there's one script just for the camera, that should be easy and fix your problem. You might be able to figure this out by looking at the script names. However, if there is only one script that moves the camera and also does other things you want, you'd have to modify the script. While the thing might be "mod", it's possible the script isn't, so your only recourse is to lose all the functionality of the thing.

And if the thing is "no-mod", there's not much you can do.

And finally, here's a helpful camera tip page...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/07/24/second-life-camera-position-tips/

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.