LL no longer accepting PrePaid Credit Cards-How many ppl will be affected by this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

drAzraelacula wrote:

Its about time these issues were made clear instead of giving half assed answers truth and fact are what is needed in any any customer support, I am amazed to find the lack of accurate info in the forums and support, LL need to take their heads out of their asses and sort all the payment issues out and make it easy for everyone to buy cash in the game not everyone wants a credit card or bank account pre paid cards are a good way to do this as are game top up cards, are those in charge that arrogant to this that they just dont care about their customers needs or the fact they will lose a lot of potential customers. guess the fat cats just dont care, well wake up call you are losing people every day because of this issue, i have lost the rental because linden labs will not make it easy to buy cash for sl, ps you do have people play out side of the usa you know, so its in your interest as a business to sort this out before you end up with a half dead sl, sheer incompetents of linden labs, not a very bright way to run a business

The information is there, and has been there, for years. People simply chose not to look for it, or in a very very few cases, aren't necessarily where to look. There have been numerous threads on the forums, it's in the wiki, it's on official pages. You just have to be willing to look, and if you can't find it, ask where to look.

As for pre-paid cards, again, that information has existed for years. It is also widely known(and known to those who look for info) that IF a pre-paid card doesn't work on the site, it MAY work on a third party site(which LL provide links for, if you look, or ask someone to help you find it if for some reason you cannot find it yourself).

There is nothing that has drastically changed in the last 4 or 5 years to change the availability of this information, except that MORE of it is available to those that put the effort in to find it. It's not hard to find, a quick google search will even bring up the info one is looking for.

Does the fact that linden LAB doesn't accept all pre-paid cards make things difficult? Not really. Is it a slight inconvenience? Maybe to a few. I've been there, it's still not hard to find another way, and sometimes that way is even cheaper. The last time I bought lindens I did so through a third party, because I was using a pre-paid that LL seemed to be having some technical difficulties with, and paid a bit less than I would have through lindex. I got more linden for my money, so that's all that mattered to me ;)

LL is surely not the only company that has issues now and then with pre-paid CCs, lots of sites have, over the years, it's not news.

• 4 months later...

Congratulations LL you found another way to kill SL.Not allowing pre paid cards,for the life of me I can't understand the logic behind that one.With a pre paid card you can not make a purchase unless the funds are there,"Real" credit cards get hacked and used all the time,then LL lawyers have to fight to try to get their $$.Yes it is true I could use my paypal account and purchase $L that way and pay more with service fees etc.Why bother SL has become primarily a sex game and I do not cybersex, I find it silly.I did enjoy having land and terraforming and building.I am not going to bother using paypal or other forms to pay to be on SL,I have found other ways to entertain myself as have many others as indicated by the lack of people in world on the occasions I do log on.Well thank you Linden Labs I did enjoy your product for many years and will be sad to see the day the plug is pulled.:matte-motes-crying:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.