Kudos

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

With kudos now being implimented (announced in today's meeting), are kudos only to be awarded in the answers section of the forum?

I hope I'm not breaking TOS by pasting Lexie's answer here from the meeting

[2011/03/10 13:12]  Lexie (lexie.linden): <snip>, only in Answers, KB and Content creation

Mags Indigo wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

With kudos now being implimented (announced in today's meeting), are kudos only to be awarded in the answers section of the forum?

[2011/03/10 13:12]  Lexie (lexie.linden): <snip>, only in Answers, KB and Content creation

You are not breaking anything, Mags.  The transcript has been published.

+2 Kudos

Mags Indigo wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Thanks Mags, the content creation was why I asked.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Mags Indigo wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Thanks Mags, the content creation was why I asked.

Did you not just attend this same meeting with Mags; less than 5 minutes before this OP?  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Did you not just attend this same meeting with Mags; less than 5 minutes before this OP?  

To be honest it can be really difficult to follow those meetings so I take notes of the more important points (I know I'm a bit of a nerd) so I can refer back.

*Looks all embarassed :smileyindifferent:

Mags Indigo wrote:

To be honest it can be really difficult to follow those meetings so I take notes of the more important points (I know I'm a bit of a nerd) so I can refer back.

Another important aspect is that not everyone may know how to find the chat log or would even look at it. Posting it here offers more options for clarification and knowledge enhancement.. :smileywink:

A benefit to the community the way I see it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group/10-Feb-2011

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Mags Indigo wrote:

Another important aspect is that not everyone may know how to find the chat log or would even look at it. Posting it here offers more options for clarification and knowledge enhancement.. :smileywink:

Why did you not click the link that you posted?  It would have answered your question.  

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Hi,

I asked that question today and here is the answer Lexie gave me:

The Kudos option is available in Second Life Answers, the Knowledge Base and the Creation Forums. For any content that you like, just click on the Kudos button to show your agreement with an answer or comment. Kudos let you vote for the messages that you think are the most useful or important. Kudos boost the value of a message, which may turn it into a hot topic. This extra visibility may encourage others to read the message.

How to Give or Revoke Kudos:

• To give Kudos to a message and its author, just click the Kudos Badge on the message.
  • If you change your mind about the quality of the message, you can revoke your Kudos by choosing Options > Revoke My Kudos from this Message. The Kudos count is then updated and the Kudos badge shows that you can now give the message Kudos again.

Want to know who thinks a message is good?

It's easy to find out which regular community members and community experts have given Kudos to a message. Kudos that come from experienced community members may carry more weight -- literally -- than those that come from brand new members.

To see who's given Kudos to a message:

1. Go to the message page.
  2. Click the Kudos total.
  3. The Who Kudoed this Message page shows you all the community members who've given Kudos to the message.

Kudos Weight:

Your Kudos weight is the number of Kudos that you give each time you click a Kudos icon. Kudoes weight is currently set to 1.

Want to know who thinks your messages are Kudos-worthy?

Your Profile page is the place to start. You can also see Kudos activity for other community members on their Profile pages.

To see who's given you Kudos:

1. Click your log-in name to go to your Profile page.  Your Profile page shows the names of community members who gave you Kudos, the messages they Kudoed, your top Kudoed messages, and the Kudos you've given.
  2. To see all of your recent Kudos activity in an area, click the view all link at the bottom of the list. Your Kudos Activity page shows the recent Kudos you've given or received.
  3. Click the tabs to see more info about your Kudos activity.

You cannot give a kudo?

There are a few reasons why you might not be able to give Kudos to a post.

• You've already given Kudos to this message (you can only give them once).
  • You wrote the message (you can't give Kudos to your own messages).
  • Your community manager wants you to give Kudos only to a message that starts a thread and not to replies.
  • The Kudos option is off for a specific message or forum.
  •  Kudos are frozen for the message. You can still see how many Kudos that the message has received, but you can't give it Kudos anymore.

If the Kudos number vanishes:

Sometimes a message gets so many Kudos that we run out of space to show the number. When that happens you'll see a red Hot Kudos symbol or icon instead of the Kudos count on the Kudos badge.

Keli Kyrie wrote:

It's easy to find out which regular community members and community experts have given Kudos to a message. Kudos that come from experienced community members may carry more weight -- literally -- than those that come from brand new members.

Thanks for the complete answer, Keli.

I do find this particular paragraph a bit odd, as it does not specify the 'community'. Does this mean a very experienced Second Life resident, let's say a 4-year old, who only just recently started posting (because for all kind of reasons they never got into it) is still considered a 'brand new member' (to the forum community) with a lesser weight?

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I do find this particular paragraph a bit odd, as it does not specify the 'community'. Does this mean a very experienced Second Life resident, let's say a 4-year old, who only just recently started posting (because for all kind of reasons they never got into it) is still considered a 'brand new member' (to the
forum community
) with a lesser weight?

It could have been set that way, but instead we have all kudos set to equal one.  ~ Lexie

Lexie Linden wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I do find this particular paragraph a bit odd, as it does not specify the 'community'. Does this mean a very experienced Second Life resident, let's say a 4-year old, who only just recently started posting (because for all kind of reasons they never got into it) is still considered a 'brand new member' (to the
forum community
) with a lesser weight?

It could have been set that way, but instead we have all kudos set to equal one.  ~ Lexie

Ah okay, thanks :).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.