Commerce

• entries
  • comments
  • views

Contributors to this blog

New Marketplace Function and Final Data Migration From XStreetSL

Brooke Linden

The Marketplace team is happy to announce a new function today that should help SL merchants with two important tasks:

• ensuring the proper data is migrated from XStreetSL to the new Marketplace
  • releasing new versions of their products via a faster and easier process
Introducing the Edit Associated Object Function

The new Edit Associated Object function allows merchants to change the underlying Marketplace inventory item associated with a product listing. This was previously accomplished via a clunky workaround. The new function will help us with our final migration of product reviews and historical sales data from XStreetSL to the new Marketplace. Going forward, it provides an easier way for merchants to update existing products and release new versions of a product.

Some merchants will need to use this to be sure their data gets migrated correctly. Most Marketplace items have already had their data migrated. However, some merchants will have to manually verify that their Marketplace products are associated with the correct XStreetSL items. This applies to you if you have either:

• manually created any products on the new Marketplace that correspond to XStreetSL products, or
  • renamed Marketplace inventory items in order to release new versions.

If so, please verify that your Marketplace products have the correct XStreetSL ID specified before Tuesday, January 4. That date will be the final migration of data from XStreetSL. After migration is complete, we will remove the XStreetSL Product ID field from each product’s Edit Item Listing page.

To use the new function, log into the Marketplace, and follow the steps below:

• 1. Navigate to My Marketplace > Merchant Home
  • 2. Click Manage Inventory
  • 3. Click Edit for an active product listing
  • 4. Under SL Object Name, click, Edit Associated Object
  • 5. In the Change Related Inventory pop-up, search for the Marketplace inventory item you'd like to associate with the product listing, and click on it to select
  • 6. On the main Edit Item Listing page, scroll to the bottom and click Update

For more information, see our wiki:

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hi Brooke...oooh fresh meat! ;-)

Well done team!

Noticed that object option and a good few other cool and useful tweaks appearing on the site over the past few weeks. Hope you keep at it.

Presumably if we have migration switched off on the old Xstreet our items won't be migrated again at all, right?

Thank you

The XStreet ID stuff DOES NOT WORK.  All I get when I try to use it is

1 error prohibited this Product from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:

• The Xstreet product ID '504263' already exists. Please provide a unique Xstreet product ID.

We've told you about this before, we've raised JIRA's about it AND YOU STILL HAVN'T FIXED IT

Before you cut off its use totally, please fix the damn thing so we can actually use it,

Presumably if we have migration switched off on the old Xstreet our items won't be migrated again at all, right?

Thank you

I would like to get this confirmed as well, many people have spent countless hours updating items on SLM and don't want a new/re-final migration to overwrite all the changes.. I have switched off my "migration" setting just now.  Many of us were assuming back in... October or so that the item migrations were complete, and never looked back.

Hi, would a Linden mind setting WEB-2308 as resolved (fixed), now that the huge showstopper issue you just announced as fixed, is fixed? Us residents have been locked out of setting the issue's status.

We will respect the "off" migration setting. Just to clarify, we will ONLY be migrating the following data (if it has not already been migrated):

• product ratings
  • product reviews
  • product sales history

If people are still experiencing any issues with this migration process, please include JIRA IDs in your comments. Thank you!

OK cool - thanks for the SL object change.

Re final migration - what about product whose reviews were lost the first time, but that have had new reviews added on the new site. Are you sure the addition of the old ones won't erase any new reviews since migration?

I've had ratings and reviews removed from both old and new products before (yes removed, not 'failed to migrate')

And will this fix the problem of the ratings score being 0, despite many old ratings being used to calculate the star rating?

1 error prohibited this Product from being saved

There were problems with the following fields:

• The Xstreet product ID '2306709' already exists. Please provide a unique Xstreet product ID.

This still needs to be fixed.

OK cool - thanks for the SL object change.

Re final migration - what about product whose reviews were lost the first time, but that have had new reviews added on the new site. Are you sure the addition of the old ones won't erase any new reviews since migration?

I've had ratings and reviews removed from both old and new products before (yes removed, not 'failed to migrate')

Yes, my first thought was, after stripping my products of their page 1 Xstreet sales rank some have slowly crawled up based on SLM sales, so PLEASE MAKE SURE THESE WILL NOT BE WIPED OUT. (Do some of us sound paranoid? There is a reason.)

Also, as far as I know, my Xstreet reviews have all been deleted. At least, they no longer appear. Are they hidden away somewhere awaiting this resurrection?

I see Brooke was born 12-2-2010. This coincided with surprising signs of progress from the Commerce Team, which some of us surmised might indicate that LL had hired someone GOOD.  Maybe Brooke? Could there be others? 

the new market place   use to be able to buy items and seend to friends that feature has been taken away from the new market place or i do not see it. so i paid an avitor 2000 to buy the item on market place she said she didnt receive the 2000 l$   two days latter she said she got faster enternet  wanted to buy  again another item sent her    1000 l$   then she said she didnt recive it   wish thay put buy for a friend back on marketplace then it wouldnt be trouble like that anymore  she said she contacted linden labs  thay said it was due to lag no refund on lindens   kind of funny thay took that feature off of the marketplace isnt it

Joker, I think you got snookered out of L$3000. Don't give that person any more money. LL can check your transactions and see if the money made it into her account. Also, the gift option has moved from the item page to the shopping cart page.

I need to be clear on this point: Will leaving the migration option open mean that all my sales data and reviews on SLM be overwritten? Or will the data on SLM and Xstreet be merged?

I have disabled the migration (i am not sure either), because I do not want to have my listing descriptions overwritten (again). I just want the old sales data from XSL.

B00tsy Compton wrote:

I have disabled the migration (i am not sure either), because I do not want to have my listing descriptions overwritten (again). I just want the old sales data from XSL.

Just like me.

Clarification on Which Ratings and Reviews Will Move

Only old reviews and ratings that have not already been migrated will be moved. Existing reviews and ratings on Marketplace will not be affected. You should see your product ratings changing during this migration as individual ratings are moved over from XStreetSL.

Response to Deletion Concerns

XStreetSL: If any ratings or reviews are missing from XStreetSL, please file a JIRA issue with product URLs and additional details on missing data (or please include JIRA id if you have already filed). Note that the number of ratings is very likely going to be much higher than the number of reviews on XStreetSL, since Residents were able to rate a product without a review in the past. Ratings that do not have a review will be migrated without a review.

Marketplace: As part of the migration testing, we will be testing to insure that new ratings and reviews on Marketplace products are not deleted as part of the migration. If you do have an example of this having happened on a previous migration, please provide the product URL and details of what occurred in a JIRA issue (or include a pointer to an existing issue).

Migration Flag

If you want your ratings, reviews and sales history (including sales dates) migrated, you must have migration set to ON. IF MIGRATION IS SET TO OFF, NO RATINGS, REVIEWS, OR SALES HISTORY WILL BE MIGRATED.

Hello

When I go to see my Magic Box page in the Marketplace,where all my items are listed, I can see 2 lists.

FIST LIST: all my new items, I put inside the  box after markeplace works.There is  a title than make my scarred!!

Unassociated Inventory:
Items in the inventory of one or more of your Xstreet SL Magic Boxes which do not have corresponding items in the Marketplace.

Must to do somethink? I belived the new items arent problem for migration!

SECOND LIST: all my old items, I  put inside before marketplace  works.

Active inventory:
These items are available for delivery.

My migration preferences is "migrate items"

Ty in advantage to who answer to me