special animation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i am not a builder but i have made several simple animations, even so there is one type of animation i am not sure if can be done or how.

that is, suppose you want to make a robot and you want to make it grab it head and lift it 20 cm above, is that able to be done?

is there any trick to make it possible (its ok if it needs alpha to work with). but how do i make the animation even so?

You need an animation to grab and lift the head and a head that detaches from the main body that can be modded.  You then have to have a script to lift the head in time with the animation.  You can write the script yourself, or hire someone to do it, I doubt you'd find one for free or for sale.

I've never tried something like this but it may be difficult to time the head lifting to the animation so that it looks like the robot is actually lifting the head.  Even if you get it perfect, other people may see it as slightly off.  Maybe someone that has experience doing something like this will chime in here and say for sure.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I've never tried something like this but it may be difficult to time the head lifting to the animation so that it looks like the robot is actually lifting the head.

Basically you need two objects to move in sync. I've only really tried that once myself - a trapdoor with a retractable ladder - and there were no particular problems in that case.

But maybe the best thing to do is go to NCI South at Hamnida and talk to a guy with yellow wellies, a funny hat and a satelite circling his head. If anybody knows about this, he does.

sorry but no, i Know this exists because i see something similar where the head was at the side (on the hand) of the person.

so what i am asking is some animation to move the head the same sice of the head about the position it should. i do not care if the neck is stretched (i can already solve that).

but i do not know how to make the animation or which program to use for it, Qavimator, is the one that i use but has no options for such. can someone explain?

(using prims is not an option as i want this to work to any "non prim" head).

Fox Paragorn wrote:

sorry but no, i Know this exists because i see something similar where the head was at the side (on the hand) of the person.

Woops sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about an avatar, I thought you meant a rezzed robot figurine. ;-)

But I think the answer would be the same anyway. A regular robot avatar is made from attached objects on a full alpha covered system avatar and the easiest solution is probably to use a script to move those attachments rather than animating the avatar skeleton. Takes a little bit of math to get everything in sync but not that difficult.

At least that's how I would have done it. Somebody with more animation experience and less scripting experience may have a different answer, a deformer style animation that stretches your neck in sync with the arm movement.

Edit: Come to think of it, you didn't say what kind of robot you are. I assume you're talking about a "classic" robot here. For an android style robot with humanoid animations, you'll need a special animation for it of course, an animation that deforms the neck by moving all the skeleton bones in the head in sync with the arm.

Can't help you with the details there but do a Google search for:

"second life" deformer animation

As i explained before, this is to made to an avatar which has no mesh. so there are no prims to actually move.

Besides whatever is Attached will move with the animation no need for a script to move it again.

I just need someone to tell me what TOOL can make such animation, nothing else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.