sleeve \arm problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Prims. That's the only way. You can create prim sleeves, or prim "bands" or just prim "badges" with the desired logos. The avatar mesh is basically one-sided - it has only one arm and one leg that is, as you have noticed, mirrored onto the other side. So you can't have a system layer with different arms. This is why there are no one-sleeved system dresses, one-arm sleeve tattoos, etc.

Ariel's right that you can't paint onto one arm of the avatar without also painting onto the other.  Both arms share the same UV coordinates.  However, her suggestion of using prims was a bit inclomplete.  You can also attach a sculpty or an arbitary mesh model

I'd recommend you mesh-model a jacket, or at least a sleeve, and rig it to the avatar skeleton, if you know how.

Sorry, I tend to include "sculpties" in with prims (as they are a type of prim), and I don't think most novice creators necessarily know how to create mesh. You're right, though: I didn't mention those. I should have said "The only way is to create a non-layer attachment," or something."

not sure exactly what you mean? are you using Gimp or photoshop to add the logo to the arm? if so..and its a template you are working with Highlight or Block the arm on the template you wish to add it to..you should see the "dancing ants" around the arm you wish to add the logo to...

Brooke Portilo wrote:

not sure exactly what you mean? are you using Gimp or photoshop to add the logo to the arm? if so..and its a template you are working with Highlight or Block the arm on the template you wish to add it to..you should see the "dancing ants" around the arm you wish to add the logo to...

Yes, but as others pointed out correctly, the SL avatar only has one arm.  Putting the logo on that one arm is not a problem, but it will appear on both the left and the right in world.  The only way out is to use an attachment. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.