physical and non-physical prim interaction question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know a physical object, such as a sphere, will stay within a standing non-physical prim, like a hollowed out cylinder, and simple roll along the path if the cylinder is tilted enough for gravity to kick in.

Here's the Q: If a physical object (the sphere) is sitting inside an open non-physical box which is scripted to move along a straight line, when the box edge meets the sphere, will the sphere stay inside or will it rip through?

I'm not able to get in-world to try this out for a few hours, but if someone knows the answer off the top of their head, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just have to wait.

Biting nails,

Rocky

If you move the box with llSetPos the sphere will be clipping through the box. You would have to do very little steps, and wait for the sphere to be pushed in the box again. It's the same as you would move the box manualy.

However, with llSetKeyframedMotion the shpere will be carried with the box. Because even the box isn't set physical, the keyframed function uses the physics engine nonetheless.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.