permissions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Or could be an animation, a notecard, Anything.

If it is a texture, I think it would not show as full perm inworld.

Years ago I inspected every single element of every prim of a house to find out why it was not full perm. Turns out it was the texture on a butterfly I had put on a flower. 

Once I had a house that would go no mod if the buyer unlinked any prims. I tested every prim and found that the mega prim floor was corrupted. Once I replaced it, the house stayed mod when a prim was unlinked.

these are not small simple houses -- it took hours to figure out the problem.

Yeah this is a large house but it was all hollow but the floor and celing and outside walls and I had to upload the body in 3 peaces so its not so simple to break it all apart and look at everythign but I know I made all of it but that one thing, the script and I should have full perms :( Plus I had to adjust the size from the original now I have to figure out how to get everything apart and keep the size the same and if I had to reload the body then resize the house to fit the walls, it took forever to re=add the walls

In case you don't know, you can use EDIT LINKED PARTS to see what item might be inside of things (like a door) and CHANGE the permissions WITHOUT unlinking.

It is most likely a script, but that being said, I have had items COMPLETLY made by me (both prim and mesh) with only my scripts and textures turn into NO MOD for me (don't remember about the no transfer)  over the years. One was only last month. Luckily I had the same piece that had turned no mod (only a mesh piece with NO SCRIPTS and only MY TEXTURES) as a copy so I didn't have to upload again.

It does happen. Most likely it is YOU but it might just be SL :D

Good luck. Make mulitple copies in the future - LOL. We learn as we age.

Just wanted to add here that just now I found a build of mine (absolutely ALL MINE including scripts and baked textures and sold on the Marketplace as mod-copy-nt) become NO MOD for ME.   Definitely not handy.

MAKE COPIES!!!!!   And of course I have those.  Some other very strange things have been happening this last couple of weeks but not relating to permissions. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.