im new to mesh makeing can I.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

or is there anything on the mp I need to buy to help me make mesh stuff? im aiming to make hight quolity mesh avatar or even mesh stuff. can I buy any kits or nc or something like that on the marketplace to learn me how to make that mesh pruduct im just starting makeing mesh and creating mesh in sl iv got blender, gimp and mesh mixer.

You have everything you need -- just time :D.

If you decide to make clothes you might want to check out Avastar which is very popular with clothes makers. Marvelous Designer is popular also but WATCH the poly count.

But you have to walk before you fly, so work on some simple things to start like tables, chairs, picture frames and then work on harder things. There is MUUUUUUCH to learn.

Making mesh for SL is a process. If you have Blender and Gimp you should be all set. 

Some things to consider are:

- Start small, create very simple objects (chair, table, a rock) to begin with, to get the feeling of what will, or will not work for SL.

- SL is a very specific platform, you have to play by the rules, meaning... low poly modeling, learn to make LOD's and physics.

- Look very careful how other creators make their products, try going into wireframe and observe how things are made. 

- There are lots of pull perm kits for sale on the MP, some will give you the files that you can open in Blender, inspect them      closely!

- Even more kits are for sale that you only have to texture, it might be a good idea to buy some and learn how to texture first.

- Start watching many,many tutorials about Blender on You Tube, there are loads, specific to SL. Don't skip to that till you get  the hang of the Blender basics.

- Avastar is indeed a good addon once you know your way around Blender and well worth the money if you like to create  clothing and avatars.

I don't know Mesh Mixer so I can't help you there. 

I doubt there is anything on the MP that can learn you how to make mesh from a NC or a kit, besides from just studying and observing it. It is a long process and there are many ways to do stuff in Blender. As you learn you will develop your own workflow. I wish you good luck and lots of fun!

At a guess Maya but you can achieve the same in Blender although as others have suggested, the Avastar plug-in is not free but pretty much essential.

As a suggestion, perhaps don't keep writiting a different subject within the same thread, it makes it very difficult to see what's new and why because it makes it look like it's a new topic each time.

Ok, because you typed so well this time...

Maya will cost you $1470 subscription fee a year so I think you will not get that subscription. Avastar costs a whole lot less, it is very much worth the costs. If you want to get somewhere you have to accept there is a pricetag to that. Everybody in SL has to pay their own way, we all had to invest and there is no way around this. Pls, do accept that as a fact! So you either have to get a job in SL, which is just as hard as learning how to use Blender and just as time consuming, or invest some RL money into SL. Be brave and buy a full perm clothing kit, texture it and put it on the Marketplace. Save your earnings to buy another kit and keep saving your earnings until you can buy Avastar. That is the way it is done, no shortcuts, no freebies. If you are so determent to become an SL creator you will have to decide if you are willing to invest time and money. If not, find another thing you like in SL.

And yes, stop making new subjects, this is very confusing! Go with the SL forum flow and your life will be so much more... fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.